easyplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

easyplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

problem of rate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
{EP}AnKoU
Wannabe
Wannabe

problem of rate Empty
PostSubject: problem of rate   problem of rate Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 9:17 am

each time i come i get a cvar warning for my rate (must be between 2500 to 25000)..

i set it to 20000, it s ok, but on next map it goes back over 25000 and i m kicked for 2mn..

thx for help !
Back to top Go down
Shock
Uber Badboy
Uber Badboy
Shock

problem of rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem of rate   problem of rate Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 9:19 am

sry cant help
Back to top Go down
{EP}AnKoU
Wannabe
Wannabe

problem of rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem of rate   problem of rate Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:33 am

1 tip...

on second map i had time to type /players, that gives info about players, and i saw my rate was 20000, but pb kicked me !

can som1 tell me how connection is setted in jaymod option, misc ?
Back to top Go down

problem of rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem of rate   problem of rate Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:17 am

Theres a setting in the jaymod options to turn rate to server max rather than auto setting it, though i'm not sure if it will stay the same everytime you play ET.

We can turn the pb setting off that kicks you for that cvar but it's probably better to get players to sort it out so we don't have players with stupidly high rates.
Back to top Go down
{EP}007 :)
Admin
{EP}007 :)

problem of rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem of rate   problem of rate Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:33 am

question...what happeneds to server if we turn off this setting..and we get players with supidly high rates???
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/hoggies
{EP}AnKoU
Wannabe
Wannabe

problem of rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem of rate   problem of rate Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:58 am

i have deleted and reinstall et... seems to be ok now...

to answer u glen, very high rate (i think) would give all bandwidth to a single player and freeze the others or make them lag... but i m not completely sure of that ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dante
Uber Badboy
Uber Badboy
Dante

problem of rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem of rate   problem of rate Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:05 pm

{EP}007 Smile wrote:
question...what happeneds to server if we turn off this setting..and we get players with supidly high rates???

then it will become a nice target for all botters, therefor paying alot of attention for the admins to check if someone bots or not.
Back to top Go down

problem of rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem of rate   problem of rate Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 5:19 pm

i turned the pb setting off so you shouldn't get kicked for it anymore.
Back to top Go down
{EP}$!Lv3r
Badboy
Badboy
{EP}$!Lv3r

problem of rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem of rate   problem of rate Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 3:23 pm

reset your cvar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

problem of rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem of rate   problem of rate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

problem of rate
Page 1 of 1